- This article is a Stub. Please help the Photoshop Wiki by .
Adobe Photoshop™ (or Photoshop) is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems. It is the industry leading program for bitmap and image manipulation software.
The first version of "Photoshop" was a simple program created to display grayscale images on a monochrome display on Macintosh systems. At this point the program was simply known as "Display". Display was programmed and developed by Thomas Knoll. Eventually the program caught the attention of Thomas' brother, John Knoll. John encouraged Thomas to develop the software into a full fledged image editing software. In 1988 Thomas and John took 6 months to develop the program which they now called ImagePro. Later during that year, Thomas renamed the program Photoshop.
John later met with engineers with Apple and the art director of Adobe to discuss the product. In September of 1988 Abobe purchased the license to distribute Photoshop. The first version of Photoshop (Photoshop 1.0) became available in 1990 exclusively for Macintosh computers.
Photoshop is available in many different languages, including but not limited to: English, Finish, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Danish , German, Italian, French, Russian, Spanish, and many more. Banana
- Photoshop 1.0
- Photoshop 2.0
- Photoshop 2.5
- Photoshop 3.0
- Photoshop 4.0
- Photoshop 5.0
- Photoshop 6.0 (rare)
- Photoshop 7.0 (rare)
- Photoshop CS (rare, regular only)
- Photoshop CS2 (rare)
- Photoshop CS2 Lite (rare, portable only)
- Photoshop CS3
- Photoshop CS3 Lite (rare, portable only)
- Photoshop CS4
- Photoshop CS4 Lite (portable only)
- Photoshop CS5
- Photoshop CS5 Lite (portable only)
- Photoshop CS5.5
- Photoshop CS5.5 Lite (portable only)
- Photoshop CS6
- Photoshop CS6 Lite (portable only)
- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop CC Lite (portable only)
A portable version of the few Photoshop revisions exist on several blogspots of Portable applications such as PortableAppz (misspelled from PortableApps) and PerkedleApps. However, PortableAppz does not have the Creative Cloud version yet. Unlike the start up on the regular application, the portable version starts up with a banner of where the program was downloaded through before the Photoshop startup. The portable installer of the software is compressed in-order to be used for USB devices. The portable program will also allow people to circumvent the 30 day trial limit without the need to for a license key so that certain people who need to use the portable Photoshop program can be able to edit their photos. some people including the Photoshop staff and the creator claim the portable application is a pirated/illegally cracked version of Photoshop, but it can be used to install the application on any location depending on the system requirements for these versions that are designed for. Only one version of these can run, the others will not be usable until the running portable application is closed.
An example of a portablized Photoshop program can be found here. The links to the application are hosted in several file hosting services with the links to these services posted on Mirrorcreator.
The portable Photoshop programs may also include the Lite versions which don't exist on the official Adobe website. These are also shared through torrents.
- Photoshop Elements – a consumer-oriented edition
- Photoshop Extended – an edition containing advanced analysis and 3D modeling tools
- Photoshop Express – a free-to-use online edition featuring a simple editor and gallery
- Photoshop Lite – a rare edition of Photoshop which are only on portable and is not available in the official website.
- Photoshop Album – an image gallery program that preceded Photoshop Elements
- Lightroom – a companion product geared towards digital SLR users